I was trying to think of what to write this week. I know that I don’t have to write a post but it’s also, kind of fun. It has been another rough week because I’m short on patience and quick to anger. I’ve gotten angry with Jesus more than I like to admit and for what?? I have EVERYTHING to be thankful for…yet again, in my weakness and selfishness and in the tough moments; I continually forget all that he has given me. I was reminded of a Bible verse during a blog or a podcast somewhere but I can’t remember where I read it. I am probably taking it out of context because I’m definitely not a theologan . Is that a word? Here it is …
2 Corinthians 12 8-10
8 About this, I have three times pleaded with the Lord that it might leave me;
9 but he has answered me, ‘My grace is enough for you: for power is at full stretch in weakness.’ It is, then, about my weaknesses that I am happiest of all to boast, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me;
10 and that is why I am glad of weaknesses, insults, constraints, persecutions and distress for Christ’s sake. For it is when I am weak that I am strong.
That verse is comforting to me. I am very weak. Time for my seven quick takes of how I screwed up my life….so I can again…boast in my weaknesses.. Seriously, don’t do these.
1. I didn’t care about highschool . I was going down the wrong path… I was worried about drinking, parties, boys and sleep. I wish I was more focused. I wish that I was a nicer and less self involved person. I wish to apologize to anyone I may have hurt. I wish I had more confidence. I wish that I got good grades. I also wish that I was part of sports and/or activities and actually tried to succeed and didnt quit everything .
2. I became a teenage unwed mother. This actually turned into a great blessing because my daughter has helped me to become a better person and still does. She is amazing. I do wish that I would’ve waited though and did things the “old fashioned way” because now I can understand, exactly WHY it’s God’s plan for marriage and THEN the baby. However, with age comes wisdom right??
3 . I had very little to no faith when I was younger. I was in mortal sin for many years . Once again, I can look back now and see how this has affected my life .
4. I wish that we would’ve slowed things down with our relationship and life in general. I never really thought things through carefully when I was younger. We hit the milestones fast and in the wrong order. I was pregnant with my son when I got married at 22 . I was also working part time and in college full-time. This put a lot of strain on us. My son is amazing (thanks be to God) despite of me .
5. I wish that I took my pre-marital prep and marriage vows more seriously . I didn’t take them seriously at all . I just felt like it was just another hoop to jump through. I love(d) my husband. I wanted to get married but I never really took the huge commitment seriously or anything that it entailed. I just treated it like a piece of paper or a formality. We could have and SHOULD have made God a priority in our marriage vows and in our marriage at that time and in LIFE.
6 . I wish I put more effort into planning my actual wedding day . I didn’t really care for some reason on how it went and didnt make many decisions regarding it . I kind of let other people run it .
7. I wish that we did as much as possible to pay off our student loan debt as soon as possible. That would have helped SO much . I never really thought about money or how to manage it….I still struggle with it .
I could probably think of at least 300 more but I will stop here…🤣
Obviously, my kids did not screw up my life. In fact, my life IS NOT screwed up now because God can make good things out of our human weaknesses . So kudos to all the parents that make stupid decisions like I did or currently do (like me) but STILL continue to strive to do better! Our Lord can make things great despite of us. I realized, that without God, I could have gone down a totally different path . That is why I need him then and NOW.
Check out Kelly’s and other other blogs linking up this week here….Great post to read before buying gifts