I don’t have a New Years’ resolution, word of the year, or anything else of that sort. I never stick to them and I can’t ever remember what I even chose or was given. My life is so crazy these days that I can’t choose what “I” want to work on but instead I have to accept what God put in front of me and how I “respond” to what He chose. That’s about all I can handle at least! For instance, I have been struggling lately with anger mostly due to lack of sleep and a feeling of helplessness. God put it on my heart to work on this despite waiting till the New Year or despite what I thought I needed to work on. This had to be my main priority! I definitely have a ways to go but I am starting to see the grace God has given me with focusing on this. All that being said,. This is my own personal thoughts and I may feel differently next New Year. What works for me currently may not be what works for you currently. What are your thoughts or resolutions/words of the year?? I love how sometimes the words of the year can be very fitting for some people!
On to our SQT’s!! Wow! These weeks are FLYING by!!
1. Our New Year was low key. My youngest has a pretty bad case of ear infections, which resulted in an ENT visit and round two of antibiotics. She will be getting tubes placed in a couple of weeks.
Don’t let her smile fool you here!
2. The kids made a pinata for New Year’s Eve out of a box and tissue paper.
3. They had fun hitting it with a toy broom.
4. My tree is still up…although, most ornaments are rolling around the floor or under the couch and there’s a tangle of lights at the bottom. We also lost a couple of branches.
5. We picked up new orthotics for Marygrace….
6. We are still reading our Advent book…
7. Shameless plug for one of my closest friends! She is an incredible and humble person and has 10 amazing kids ! https://hello-refabulous.blogspot.com/2019/01/about-that-fabric-fast-recap-of-2018.html?m=1
How was YOUR week??
Don’t forget to check out Kelly’s blog!! She has some actual realistic and attainable goal suggestions for 2019! https://thisaintthelyceum.org/2019-resolutions-do-what-you-can-with-all-the-heads-you-have/